Content at Oban sits within the SEO team. We are looking for a Content Strategist to lead our in-house content team and manage our external content specialists.
This role will suit someone who has agency experience as a content all-rounder or with experience in either onsite performance led content or offsite creative led content, with a desire to grow in one or the other.
Ideally you have a keen understanding of how content and SEO integrate and benefit each other – if not, you have a strong desire to learn and develop in this area. Most importantly you have a passion for creating amazing content that resonates with your client’s audience.
The Content Strategist will be the line manger for a team of two to three people in house as well as overseeing our LIME content experts.
The Content Strategist will report to the Head of SEO. The natural career progression for the Content Strategist would be to develop and head up all or part of our agency’s content offering.
About the role
The Content Strategist is a hands-on strategic role, working with our Clients to develop and deliver effective international content strategies. Content experience within an agency is essential and familiarity with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Keyword Planner, BuzzSumo, and tools such as Dragon Metrics or similar SEO/content tools, will be key.
The role involves creating compelling content strategies (both on and offsite) for our clients and delivering excellent English and multilingual content through an internal content team and external multilingual content specialists. As such, the role will involve briefing, analysis, planning, and quality assurance, as well as overall management of large one-off content projects and regular content assignments. Ranging from onsite blog and article content to offsite video and social content.
- Develop and manage content strategies for clients, including strategy development, contributor management, sub-editing and calendar management
- Develop our content product offering, improving deliverables and processes across the department.
- Content Ideation
- Conduct content gap analyses
- Support clients through regular status meetings (face to face (as permitted), online or via telephone), reporting, and quarterly or annual strategy reviews
- SEO analysis and content optimisation
- Perform content audits and create content inventories
- Copywriting – website, editorial and ad copy
- Brief, manage and QA freelance copywriters within the LIME team
- Develop more junior members of the team
- Share learning back to the business to influence (or get involved with if you are interested) the development of our content offering
- Manage other team members to ensure content is completed on-time and within budget
- Attend new businesses pitches and contribute to pitch deck creation
- Documenting case studies on successful campaigns, ready for publication and entries in industry awards
- Be part of the broader management team of the company, developing your own management and leadership skills
- Representing Oban at industry events and in thought leadership pieces
You will be a content expert, ideally with agency experience who has a good understanding of how content and SEO integrate and a desire to deliver incredible work for our range of international clients.
in addition you will …
- Have high attention to detail combined with impeccable proof-reading skills
- Be proactive and a creative thinker – having a strategic eye on your accounts and capable of innovative problem-solving
- Be organised – with strong time management skills and the ability to ensure work is delivered from you and your team to a high standard
- Have effective communication skills
- Be a Team player – who enjoys working with people and is easy to work with.
- Be able to take direction and feedback well
- Have excellent Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, general IT skills